What is the difference between dryness and dehydration?
What causes my skin to be dehydrated?
How do I know if my skin is dehydrated?
What is sensitive skin? What can I do if l have sensitive skin?
What makes my skin age?
How do ÈZE’s anti-aging cosmetics help my skin?What causes hyperpigmentation, Age spots?
1. What is the difference between dryness and dehydration?
Dry skin is partially due to genetics where your sebum glands don't make enough oil that helps lock water into the skin. Dehydration is a temporary situation where your skin has lost water and doesn't look or function as well as it can.
2. What causes my skin to be dehydrated?
Your skin is losing water. There can be several reasons for this:
- The top layers of your skin barrier are weak and they don't prevent water from evaporating
- The weather is cold and dry (freezing weather, snow) or hot and dry (desert climates), windy, you work/live inside airconditioned environments, sun exposure, over exfoliation and harsh cleansing.
- Genetics: your natural oil production is low
ÈZE Solution Use moisturizers and emollients that restore oils and conserve water loss: All ÈZE cosmetic creams contain hyaluronic acid which is a ‘water sponge’ and hold up to 1,000’s times its weight in water. They also contain glycerine, a skin-identical ingredient that absorbs and restores the moisture.
Our Voilà! moisturizing ingredients that help protect your skin barrier are aloe extract, lactic acid, caprylic triglycerides, olive fruit oil, cetearyl isonananoate and cetearyl alcohol.
Bonjour contains aloe extract, Shea butter, rosehip oil, caprylic triglycerides, olive fruit oil, cetearyl isonananoate and cetearyl alcohol.
Crème de Lune contains emollients and moisturizers derived from olive fruit oil, cranberry seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, Zemea.
Toujours has the emollients Shea butter, Aloe extract, rosehip oil, Evening Primrose oil, Caprylic Triglyceride, and Cetearyl Isonananoate.
3. How do I know if my skin is dehydrated?
- Your skin feels tight after washing and you need to apply a moisturizer immediately
- After applying a moisturizer, your skin feels softer and smoother and doesn't look pasty
- Your skin flakes or looks dull
- You have fine wrinkles that look better after applying a moisturizer
4. What is sensitive skin? What can I do if l have sensitive skin?
The outer layer of dead skin cells, called the stratum corneum, acts like a shield to protect your deeper, living layers of skin called the dermis.
When your skin's natural barrier becomes weak, it can no longer protect your living skin cells from bacteria, irritants and allergens. Your skin becomes easily upset and you feel stinging, burning, and even redness or rashes can occur.
Dry skin is prone to sensitivity because the oil that helps form the protective barrier is too low.
ÈZE Solution: Gently cleanse and exfoliate without disrupting your outer skin layer.
Cleansique is formulated specifically to cleanse the daily buildup of dirt, sweat, debris and make-up without stripping your skin of its vital natural oils and moisture. This gentle foaming cleanser contains the skin-identical amino acids Alanine and Proline to help retain the integrity of your skin's luciderm layer that protect the deeper, living layers of skin cells.
Mistique, a hydrating toner, finely sprayed over your clean skin, sooths, moisturizes and adds antioxidants with its extracts of white tea, Chamomile and tocopheryl acetate, as well as the skin-identical linolenic acid, and moisture locking Zemea and DL-panthenol. It's a dress rehearsal for your ÈZE moisturizers and serums.
5. What makes my skin age?
There are two types of aging that occur in the skin. One occurs naturally as a result of time. The other is due to environmental factors such as sunlight's UV rays, smoking, dietary deficiencies, side effects of medications, using harsh products. In addition, living and working in dehydrating environments such as air-conditioning, overly hot or cold climates (deserts, mountains) can cause premature aging as well.
Signs of aging skin:
- Fine lines wrinkles
- Sun spots/hyperpigmentation/scaling
- Sagging skin that lacks elasticity
- Dull, yellow pallor
In all cases, the accumulated stress damage from Free Radicals reacting with your cell's DNA, RNA, proteins and lipids causes aging.
Aging skin on the face, neck, decollate and hands shows most often as they are not covered by clothes and are therefore exposed to the environment. Sun damage creates deep wrinkles, scaling and spots.
There are other factors that create an ‘aged’ look that are deeper than skin:
- Fat under the skin becomes thinner and is pulled down by gravity
- Muscle tone becomes weaker and over time, muscle movement creates permanent wrinkles (crow's feet)
- Bone loss in the skull around the eye, jaw and forehead means that the skin's scaffolding is smaller and the skin sags in these areas
6. How do ÈZE’s anti-aging cosmetics help my skin?
ÈZE products from Mistique and Cleansique to Bonjour, Toujours, Voilà! and Crème de Lune contain antioxidant molecules that scavenge free radicals and therefore slow the aging processes in the skin.
They are formulated to be hydrating and help to restore moisture to the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
ÈZE creams and serums help restore nutritive fatty acids and oils to the skin's protective outer layer so keep moisture locked in and protect deeper layers of skin.
7. What causes hyperpigmentation, Age spots?
Melanin is what gives skin it's natural color. When darker, uneven areas of skin pigmentation show up, it is caused by the overproduction of melanin by the skin's melanocytes. Hyperpigmentation can be brought on by several factors:
- UV Sun damage: sunspots, liver spots
- Healing from inflammation (dark spots left behind from pimples, acne, scars, trauma)
- Dietary lack of vitamin B9 or folic acid. Eat lentils, beans, chickpeas, spinach, broccoli and dark green vegetables.
- Hormonal changes (melasma – ‘mask of pregnancy’, medical conditions, medications)
- Genetics: people with Asian or African heritage tend to develop more hyperpigmentation
ÈZE Solution: Voilà! is formulated with Ascorbic Acid – Vitamin C which brightens the skin, and reduces the severity of pigmentation spots. Lactic acid, a gentle alpha hydroxy acid, helps to remove layers of pigmented skin making up spots. Of course, Voilà! contains ÈZE’s standard moisture sponges that are skin-identical: sodium hyaluronate and glycerine AND Antioxidants (Olive fruit oil, Ginseng, Sage, Rosemary leaf, ascorbyl palmate), AND emollients like caprylic triglycerides, Aloe extract, Cetearyl alcohol, and Zemea.
All of these ingredients are formulated together to create a silky serum that brightens, smooths and moisturizes your complexion.